Monday, April 15, 2013

The Kliche Koupe, Part 2 - The Bondo Chronicles

Let's pick up where we left off...

So at this point, I've got a driver with a fresh interior. i was otherwise happy with it. Why? Because i had a car i could just drive. My wife, however, had a bone to pick. The right front fender was starting to chalk up a little. I'd go out and hit it with a little rubbing compound or polish and it would gloss out a little, but ultimately it would fade back. It REALLY bugged my wife out and she kept nagging me to 'Fix it'. Now she really doesn't get what goes into a fix like that, and if i'm gonna do that fender, i might as well do the whole car so it matches, and there was this little rust split on the tail pan that needed a fix anyway so i might as well fix that and do some kustom work while i'm at it... And now begins - The Bondo Chronicles.

I figgered, i'd just knock it out, block it out and reshoot it in semi gloss. it was the most expensive bit of bodywork ever.

I decided to chip at it to see how bad it was. i shoulda just left it alone.

I've never seen such horrors. 









No comments:

Post a Comment